Thankful Heart....

Thanksgiving has come and gone, seems unreal that I am looking at my Christmas tree and my house already decorated! WOW! Where does the time go? I simply do not get it. I intended to publish this on Thanksgiving day, but we were crazy busy at MCM and it didn't happen. But, this is my "top 30 thankful list" I wanted to share! And not all of them are serious, so enjoy!

I am thankful for....
1. my Salvation
2. for the Grace of God
3. my husband, who next to Jesus is the greatest gift I've ever received
4. my wonderful, godly parents- they are THE best
5. my brother, Aaron- he is pretty awesome and has a fabulous girl friend, Courtney, who I'm pretty fond of as well!
6. Music City Mission- I am honored to be part of such a ministry that meets not only the physical, but the spiritual needs of hundreds each month. shameless plug: www.musiccitymission.org- check us out!
7. my church-even though I have been under enormous stress due to being a pastor's wife lately, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love seeing people grow in the Lord and it's a privilege to serve Him
8. my in-laws. My husband has wonderful parents, who seriously work so hard and are so helpful and gracious to us.
9. my friends....I have THE best est friends ever who constantly support, encourage and love me no matter what
10. that I got to record my first solo CD this year. A dream come true...
11. Mikado's- my favorite date place with Bob and they have THE best food ever!
12. Emma- she is my bff's Thad and Katie's 5 year old and Aunt JJ misses her SO much. But, getting to talk to her everyday and hear her growing up and the sweet things she says to me makes my heart melt..
13. forgiveness- I have needed it and I've had to offer it...
14. the new friends I've made this year and the fun we're already having getting to know one another
15. laughter- something I do a lot of!
16. my Blackberry- I am LOST without it!
17. music- nothing can lift my spirit like a good song
18. a wonderful first year of marriage
19. the great vacation Bob and I had in Gatlinburg for our anniversary
20. Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake- my new addiction at Olive Garden SO Yummo!
21. that I cooked my first thanksgiving dinner and it turned out really good
22. that my husband has been seizure free for almost a month
23. that I've been able to teach Kindergarten, and make some great $$$ at Paragon Mills Elementary for 3 months and they've welcomed me with open arms and made me feel like one of them! I have 14 days left as of this writing!
24. lip gloss- I have numerous tubes and am an addict
25. Lane Bryant Jeans- my favorite
26. my new black boots- so comfy and cute
27. my husband's sense of humor
28. the 5 new books I just got from Amazon
29. Diet Coke- the best drink ever!
30. Life- even with all it's stresses, drudgery and imperfections, it's still a wonderful, beautiful world!

Even though Thanksgiving is over, I want to live thanksgiving everyday. Even when all I can see is frustrations and irritations, I have so much to be thankful for. I love this time of year. I am excited it's Christmas time. I hope and pray I don't miss a second of it. I want to stay focused and remember that it's all about Jesus! One of my many favorite Christmas Carols says this: "Oh Holy Child of Bethlehem,descend on us we pray, Cast out our sin and enter in, be born in us today. We hear the Christmas Angels, the great glad tidings tell, Oh Come to us, Abide with us, Our Lord Emmanuel..." I simply love that last verse of the carol, "Oh Little Town of Bethlehem." I hope and pray that He is born anew in your heart this season and that you remember He is Emmanuel, God With Us!

No comments:

Post a Comment