When I can't sleep...

Since I can't fall asleep, updating my blog sounded like a great idea! Granted, I need to be up early (well, early for me) tomorrow and have a ton of things on my to-do list before we head out, I am wide awake and proud of it! Well, ok, not really.

We had our final Sunday at our church, Radnor Nazarene last week. It was a nice service and everyone was sweet to us. Tonight was a farewell dinner for us and again it was nice and neat to fellowship together.

I've been asked a lot lately if I am sad or scared that we are leaving the pastorate to go back into evangelism. I've also been asked why in the world would we go now? The economy isn't good and a lot of churches are not having revival. I thought I would attempt to answer this honestly and from my heart.

God has called us. So we will go.

It's that simple. Now I know that in the natural, it may seem stupid and maybe to some foolish. I have to admit, a year ago if you would have told me we'd be where we are today, I'd laugh. Let me say that God has opened doors that I didn't think were possible. I am not bragging or trying to sound like we are better than our peers (because we're not) but our schedule is full. This next year is going to be incredibly busy. I am thankful. I am honored that God has called me and because He has, I will go.

Change is scary at times. Sure, there are things we're having to deal with that are stressful. That will always be the case. Ask anyone in full time ministry that! However, my heart is overwhelmed. I am so excited. I want to go where God wants us and do what He wants us to do.

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He shall give you the desires of your heart..." Psalm 37:4

I am glad God gave me the desire many years ago to sing and minister and tell the world about Him. It's a high calling and one I pray I never take lightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment