A busy week to be sick....

So, I am on my second round of antibiotics and other meds for an upper respitory infection and sinus infection. YUCK! I have felt awful. Today I did manage to shower and take my big box of Puffs and my laptop to the couch for most of the day. I got lots of emails caught up and some church and mission work done. So that is a plus. We leave Friday to begin an 8 day crusade in Indiana, so I need my voice and I need to feel well. Tonight I ventured out with Bob to eat a quick dinner and then went to Target. I overdid it at Target and was SO ready to get home.

Our wonderful grant writer, Mary Anne and I finalized a grant today and she came over tonight to get signatures from us. It feels SOOOO good to have this Grant done. I hope and pray we actually get it approved! PRAY!

This past week we have had so much go on and so many issues and challenges in our ministry. I have been utterly emotionally exhausted as well as physically tired. I have asked questions and wondered if God even cared. I know He does. I know He has a plan for everything and His timing is perfect. It is so easy to take things personal when you are in full time ministry. When your're the wife of a pastor and someone gets upset with your husband or doesn't agree with something he did, it's also easy to feel hurt and attacked. I have allowed that to happen this past week and it's been difficult for both of us. But, through talking, crying, sleeping, praying and talking to my Mother, I realize I can not take everyone else's actions or disagreement personally. People will come and go in and out of your church, there will be Sunday's the church is full or almost full and others when not. I have to keep telling myself that none of these things are personal attacks on me or Bob and that I can not control it. I know that every week, whether I feel like it or not, I give my best. I do my best. I plan, prepare, pray and the rest is up to God. So, yes, I have been a little discouraged. I do, however know, no matter what God is on the throne and He is in control! I am glad it is His job and not mine!

I know I may say this a lot, but it is honestly the truth; I am so incredibly thankful for Bob. Don't get me wrong, we have days where it's hard and ministry takes it's toll, but he is so amazing. He allows me to go through my emotional cycle of dealing with things and loves me through each moment. God has truly blessed me with a wonderful, Godly husband.

Good night, my friends, it's time to change the laundry and take more medicine!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment