So much to say...

I feel so overwhelmed tonight. I can not even begin to explain how busy we are and how full my plate is. I am not just saying this to sound important or better than anyone. I have to consistently stop, take a deep breath and slow myself down. I am behind on updating on things, so I'll try to give a short recap of the last week and a half.

After being home for 24 hours I raced back to KY/IN for NQC (National Quartet Convention) It was a good time and I got to see lots of friends, network and made some great connections. Some good things will come of last week. I won't go into detail now, but it was 3 days very well spent. NQC is always an interesting time. You see SO many different types of people and learn some interesting stuff. A couple of times, I was so tired, I sat and people watched in the exhibit hall. Some special highlights for me were: seeing the Bowling Family for the first time since their accident, hearing the Lesters new trio sound, seeing Kevin and Beverly McManus, my former bosses/employers and getting to hug them, shopping in Twila's boutique, and laughing hysterically while eating ice cream with Sue Duffield. I was exhausted when we left, but thankful for the time well spent.

I was home for few short hours then took off to our church's Ladies Retreat. I have to admit, I did not feel like going and was beyond tired, but I knew I had to go. I am glad I did. Our girls had a great time, we ate, talked, swam, laughed and learned much from one another. The speaker, Beth Coppedge was amazing and truly had a Word from the Lord. I was truly impacted and heard from God. Her messages from Daniel 3 and 9 were simply anointed.

I got home Sunday evening and my husband surprised me by saying we were going out. I was so tired, but didn't turn him down! We went to my favorite place, Mikado's and saw a movie together. It was nice. Monday and Tuesday were spent doing laundry, running errands, picking up my dress for this weekends wedding, shopping, ministry work in my office and a little sleep! I am leaving tomorrow evening to head to IL for my life long friend, Cindy's wedding. I am the Maid of Honor and am singing. I am happy for her and Todd! I will fly home early Sunday morning in time for our special Baptismal service at 11 AM and a mission group at MCM that evening. I am overwhelmed as I type this....

However, I am not going to let the long lists of things to do, the calls, emails, planning and others opinions to hinder what's most important. I do what I do because of Jesus. I realized again tonight that it is really about HIM and not me, not you, not anyone or anything else. I am so thankful I GET to serve Him. No matter how tired I am or frustrated or overwhelmed, I know that He has blessed me and will continue to keep me and that I am safely in His hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment