A life well lived....

She would be 78 today. I miss her more today than I do the day she suddenly left us 9 years ago. It seems unreal she has been gone 9 years. I will never forget the evening she died. After a week in ICU on life support, it had become clear that we needed to take her off and let her go. I can clearly recall that evening as we stood around her bedside. We sang, cried, laughed and  praised God together. My Mom, Dad and Grandpa talked to her several times letting her know it was ok to "go"  I remember the moment after she took her last breath. The nurse quietly turned off the monitors and just stood there. My frail Grandpa gripped her hand and cried out, "Well Ma, you've made the trip." It was heartbreaking and sad, yet it was also a time of rejoicing.

You see, my Grandma lived her life well. She was a fighter. She loved Jesus more than anything. She told anyone and everyone about him. She had strong convictions and held fast to them. When she prayed, heaven paid attention! She was an amazing mother, grandmother, mother in law, sister, aunt, pastors wife, friend, etc...

There are many moments I wish she was here. I wanted her here on my wedding day more than anyone will ever know. I want to share each season of life with her. Yet I wouldn't wish her back for anything. She is in heaven. She is with my Grandpa and their son they lost when he was 15 and she is with Jesus! She is more alive now than ever.

She always told me to love and live for Jesus.....I am, Grandma, I am.....

 "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away..." Revelation 21:4

No comments:

Post a Comment