Confessions of a Bad Blogger....

I was shocked when I realized it had been over 2 months since I blogged. I felt like a failure. Well, ok, that's a tad extreme. Life has literally been a whirlwind and moving extremely fast. I have so much in my head and heart, but there is no way to truly capture it all in one blog. But, here's some highlights of what we've been up to lately.

- We're in full fall revival season mode. We've had some awesome revivals and services and seen souls saved and lives transformed by the power of the Gospel. There's no greater thrill.

-We've slept in our own beds a total of 4 nights in the last 30 days.

- My dad had knee surgery in August and came out like a champ. We were able to be with him and help him recover.

- We celebrated 2 years of marriage on October 10th. We were in the middle of a revival in IL on our anniversary but we were able to enjoy a little down time and the church honored us in a special way so that is always a blessing! I can't believe it's been 2 years. It has literally flown by and been an adventure. Bob is an amazing husband and I feel so blessed to be his wife.

- We began work on a new project full of favorite camp meeting songs, hymns and classic songs of the church. Our producer and friend Jeff Duffield is a blast to work with. Because of our schedule it will take more time than we'd like to complete it, but we're excited.

- My brother convinced me to run my first 5K with him! I am still in shock that I've agreed. But, most of our family is now going to run and we're so excited! I am already starting to "train" :)

- Since my surgery in July (gall bladder) I have lost, as of today 31 lbs! I couldn't be more excited. I have had to buy new clothes and that truly thrills me! I am excited to shed even more off!

I know I have a lot more to say, but this is a blog, not a book. I am truly blessed beyond measure and filled to the brim with thankfulness. I am doing what I love with the man I love. Although we've been tired and weary at times and wondered why God sent us to this church or a particular event, I give Him praise for the privilege to spread HIS gospel. He is so good! I promise I'll be back with more updates soon...

1 comment:

  1. 31 pounds!!!! That's amazing!!!! I'm so proud of you. By the time we get back home to see you I'm not going to recognize you. So is Bob training for the 5K too?!
    I'm so glad you guys are doing well, I love hearing how God is blessing you guys.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete