Happy Thanksgiving

"...Thank You, Lord for Your blessings on me!" That little chorus has been running through my head all day today. How blessed and thankful I truly am. God has been so good to me. In keeping with my tradition, here is my annual thankful list...remember, it's not all serious and some things may seem a little frivilous, but it's my list and it's from the heart! Here we go:

1. Salvation
2. The mercy and grace of God
3. my husband- he is the best gift God has ever given me!
4. my parents- AMAZING and WONDERFUL
5. my brother- what can I say? He makes me laugh constantly and is so cool.
6. my in-laws- who love me and their son and are supportive in numerous ways
7. my Godly heritage- a precious gift I don't take lightly
8. relationships- new and old...for the ones God has added in my life and the ones He took out!
9. Emma, my precious "niece" and her parents, Thad and Katie, too!
10. the hope I have of heaven and the promise I'll see Jesus face to face and be reunited with loved ones...I miss my Grandma and Grandpa SO much!
11. that I get to travel the country with my husband singing and preaching the Gospel of Jesus!
12. diet coke- my favorite drink
13. my laptop
14. my phone
15. pizza.... too many favorites to list...
16. the chance to record my 2nd solo project this year and have amazing talented friends producing and singing with me on it.
17. Music City Mission
18. friends who understand me, listen to me, cry with me and laugh with me
19. for how God provided in ways I never thought possible this year
20. for my gall bladder surgery....it was an amazing experience to watch God prove Himself faithful AND I've lost 41 pounds since!
21. for our quaint, little condo that my in-laws so graciously provide us
22. for parents AND in-laws who both love Jesus and each other
23. my gps
24. the doors God has opened for our ministry and for the precious souls we have seen saved
25. music
26. a good pair of black high heels
27. comfy hotel rooms to sleep in as we travel
28. that my husband earned his doctorate degree this year
29. a successful surgery for both my Mom and Dad
30. that God loves me unconditionally!

Today I am in southern Georgia with Bob's Mom's side of the family. It was my first time here for this and my first holiday we've really spent with his side of the family. I was a little apprehensive about being with all these "southerners" but it was a fun time and we had delicious food. While I do miss my Mom, Dad and brother and the Brewer gathering today, I am So thankful I am with family and most importantly with my husband.

I am blessed. I am overflowing with gratitude for what God has done in my life and for the gifts He has given me. "To God be the glory for the things He has done!"

"Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
         And into His courts with praise.
         Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
  For the LORD is good;
         His mercy is everlasting,
         And His truth endures to all generations." Psalm 100:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment