Find Rest...

We've been home for the past several weeks. Honestly, it's been nice. Bob got sick the first of February when we were supposed to be in Illinois for a revival, our first of 2012. We had to cancel the trip because he simply had no voice and was sick. Thankfully the pastor is a great friend of ours and was very supportive and has re-scheduled!

We spent that weekend at home and got to attend our home church. That was a wonderful treat for us. We hadn't been "off" on a Sunday for almost a year. We've also been able to attend on Wednesday nights, get together for games and dinner with some friends, lunch dates and I've had "girls night" with 2 of my dearest friends! WOW. In the midst of our "down time" we've finished a new project and also had time to study, write, rehearse and get a whole lot of ministry work done.

This season of "rest" and "slow time" ends next week when we hit the road for a month of revivals. Our schedule is pretty jam packed with services, revivals and retreats. I am excited. I love serving Jesus. I love telling others about Him and offering Hope that only HE can give.

Yet, I love rest. It is biblical, you know.

Six days you shall do your work, and on the seventh day you shall rest, that your ox and your donkey may rest, and the son of your female servant and the stranger may be refreshed. (Exodus 23:12)



Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. (Matthew 11:29)




So, since I want to follow The Word and obey what God says, I choose to take rest. I don't mean sleeping all day, I mean truly allowing my soul to rest in the Lord and in His word and His presence.

So, if you call me and I don't answer, I may be resting!

No comments:

Post a Comment