2 AM thoughts...

It's 2AM. I should be asleep. It's very hard for me to go to sleep at a normal time when I don't get back to our hotel until 10PM or after when we're in a revival. I've gotten quite a bit done the last 4 hours since we've been back to our room, so that's good!

I like to think. I know that is a scary thought, huh? But, I do. I love to read, write and think...I recently spoke for a women's retreat in Pigeon Forge, TN. It was a wonderful weekend. God came and spoke to hearts and changed lives. I was so humbled by the whole experience and what God did. I made new friends, too!

The theme for the weekend was "Rest, Restore, Renew" I spoke each session on one of those topics. I spent weeks praying, searching scripture and some insightful material to prepare my messages. I believe the Lord equipped me and gave me the messages He wanted me to share with the ladies.

The theme verse for the weekend was...

“Come to me, all of you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28


Rest is often not easy for us, especially women. We are always doing and going. It's easy to get so caught up in the demands of life and forget what truly matters most. 


Jesus has made it so simple for us. He simply says, "Come to ME" We don't have to go roaming to and fro to figure out the answers to our problems. We don't have to buy this or that or belong to this club or that group. Our answers are found in Christ Jesus! He offers us rest. He offers to take our burdens. 


My husband preaches this almost every revival we're in. But, honestly, we, as Christians need to remember that the main thing is spending time with Jesus. Doing things for Jesus is not the same as spending time with Jesus. We have an invitation to Come. So, why don't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment