Blessed be the Name of the Lord...

This week 2 of my sweet friends reminded me I hadn't blogged in a while. It has been an insanely long time. Truth is, I've done it purposely. I have been, well, rather emotional, busy and moving.

Let me explain.

When Bob and I resigned from pastoring Radnor Church in March, 2011. We continued Music City Mission. (www.musiccitymission.org) MCM is a vital part of what we do and it is a passion of ours. We have been blessed with wonderful staff and volunteers and we've seen God do amazing things in people's hearts and lives.

MCM was located next door to Radnor Church and we continued, even after our district voted to close the church, to operate MCM in it's location it had been in for 10 years.

In the Church of the Nazarene the district owns the property of all of the local churches. So, the Tennessee District owned the property of the church and the mission. We, along with a benefactor, tried to buy the property from the district for almost a year. We tried everything to get them to allow us to stay there, for them to plant a church, sell it to us, etc...

However, to our dismay, we got a call on June 3rd that we must move out. They would not accept our offer. We were angry, sad and confused.

So, we were given 30 days to move out. Now, imagine an enormous building with 10 years worth of office furniture, files, office supplies, clothing, racks, and STUFF. We had 27 days to make it happen.

Not to mention Bob and I were traveling preaching and singing. We had a lot of decisions to make and a short time to do it.

Needless to say, we worked ourselves crazy for 3 solid weeks.My sweet in-laws came home from their vacation in Florida to help us. We had friends come and help. It was intense. We had two weekends of moving sales. We donated items to other organizations, worked out some temporary storage and prayed for a miracle.

On Monday, July 2nd, the last item was removed from the building and Bob did a Jericho march around the property. His heart is broken. He has 12 years of ministry invested there and to see it up for sale and not going to continue being used for a ministry breaks our hearts.

Now, MCM will go on. Let me make that clear. We have plans, dreams, hopes and a future. Our new home has not been 100% determined yet, but things are in the works.

Let me close with this. I am not happy this has happened. How it was handled was wrong. I am disappointed in leadership I thought I could trust and have faith in. I am hurt at the attitude portrayed toward MCM and Bob and I.

Yet, I have hope. I know the best is yet to come. God has great things in store for us. I am excited.

So, this is why I have been quiet.

We covet your prayers as we move MCM forward.

"The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the Name of the Lord." Job 1:21

No comments:

Post a Comment