Go Live!

So much has been happening.

I haven't blogged in a good, long while. How do I catch up? 

Let's see.

Life has been busy. Not just busy with ordinary, mundane things (although I kind of like those) but busy with living.

 Really living, ya know, quality time with family, shopping for Easter outfits with my Mama, celebrating my brother's 30th birthday, having the whole Brewer clan at my parent's for Easter, special times with good friends and sharing the platform night after night with my husband. It doesn't get much better, does it?

I just wrapped up a wonderful weekend in Pigeon Forge, TN speaking at a ladies retreat. It was, in fact, my home church, Grace Church of the Nazarene's (www.gracenaz.com) Annual Spring retreat and I was humbled and honored to speak and sing to this amazing group of ladies. 

The theme for the weekend was "Beyond Imagination: The life you were designed to live" We talked about fear, living our God-given dreams and living an abundant life in Christ. 

 There were tears, deep, from the gut-heart-wrenching tears shed, there was laughter, there were hands raised, testimonies shared and Jesus showed up and showed out. What more could anyone ask for? 

I was moved, challenged and changed.

"The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." John 10:10

Jesus came to bring us life. He didn't carry the weight of the entire world on His back so we could merely exist and be a time span between and birth date and a death date. NO, His sole purpose at the cross was to give us a superabundance of this thing called life. 

Are you really living or are you a existing. Jesus paid much too high a price for you to not live.

So, go live!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful thoughts! Sounds like you're living and enjoying all of it. :) I like how you asked "Are you living or existing?" Good question. I know I want more out of this life, He has given me, than I can seem to give. I was just reading an old post that I wrote earlier this year about being what He wants me to be and wanting a closer walk with Him. I still find myself falling short in some areas and def. need to keep working on that living part. I don't want to just exist...there is no true joy in that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proud of you! I wish I was there to experience your teaching and ministry! Keep going, girl. Many women need to hear and be affirmed - that there's so much MORE to living than just existing! :)

    ReplyDelete