Mother's Day Reflecting....

I am not a Mother. I hope to be one and think I'd be a pretty good one. After all, I have the best examples. I have a wonderful, godly, amazing Mom. She is the best. I have a wonderful Mother-in-law who explempifies grace, dignity and class. My Mom and Dad chose a wonderful God-Mother for me, too whom I adore. I have THE best Grandma, hands down who is celebrating in heaven, but her legacy still lives on. I want to take a moment to pay some honor to these special women. All whom mean more to me than they'll ever know.... so, pardon me while I take a few moments to celebrate these amazing ladies...

My Mom, Debbie, is funny, talented, gives of herself unselfishly, works incredibly hard and is a prayer warrior. She works tirelessly at her job as a teacher as well as a pastors wife. I learned everything I know about ministry and how to be a pastors wife from her. (well, my Dad, too) She has been there for me through every situation, circumstance and moment of my life to celebrate, cry with me, laugh with me and cheer me on. No one builds me up more or encourages me more than my Mom. No one also can tell me the truth and be honest with me more than Mom. When we're shopping for clothes if something isn't flattering or doesn't look quite right for me, she doesn't hesitate to tell me! I love that! I would not be where I am today without my Mom. She is the glue that holds our family together and does a good job at it! She really IS not only my Mom but my friend. There is nothing I can't go to her with. I am so grateful to her. Momma, I love you and am honored God chose me to be your daughter!

When I got married to my sweet husband almost 4 years ago, I had heard the horror stories of Mothers-in-law and couldn't wait to prove to everyone that mine would be different. Well, it is! Martha is a sweet, compassionate, graceful lady. She really is a classy lady. She isn't loud and crazy wild (Like the rest of us!) She is calm, peaceful yet loving. She has been a source of strength and encouragement to me and will always listen when I need to talk! She raised a wonderful son whom I know she is proud of! She has such a dedication and drive and does everything with excellence. Thank You, Martha for loving me and accepting me and being a godly influence in my life. I love you!

When I was 3 years old, my Mom and Dad chose god-parents for my brother and I. I am SO glad they chose Jim and Phyllis. Phyllis really is my "other Mother" We are a lot alike. We both are loud and kinda silly, we have "blonde moments" and are a little impatient! (we're not that bad, really) Phyllis is so fun to be around. When she and my Mom and I get together we have a ball. We sing and entertain our husbands and enjoy shopping and long, deep, intellectual conversations! Phyllis has been a big cheerleader, encourager and  another set of listening ears for me since I was 3 years old. I can't thank the Lord enough for true blue, steady, godly influence as Phyllis, my god-mother. I love you, Phyllis! You're the best!

10 years ago this month my Grandma went to heaven. Oh how I miss her. Sometimes, if I close my eyes, I can imagine her here with us and hear her voice again. She left us too soon. 69 years old. Very suddenly. It broke my heart. My Mom is so much like her. It's hilarious at times and is comforting. Grandma loved Jesus. She could pray like nobody else I know. She wasn't afraid to stand up for what she believed in. She was a rock. She always told me to serve Jesus and give my very best. I can't wait to go to heaven. She'll be the first person I see after Jesus. I know she'd be incredibly proud of Mom and all of our family. I know she'd love my husband and be happy that we're in ministry and serving Jesus- like she always did. I love you, Grandma. Thank you for having Mom and being such a great Mother to her so she could be an amazing Mom to Aaron and me. I can't wait to see you again, but until the day, I'll keep serving Jesus!

I am abundantly thankful tonight. I celebrate these women who give and have given of themselves to nurture, care and love me and others.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment