On Assignment...

I have so many thoughts and themes in my head for blogs. I've even made notes. Yet, they all haven't been written. I have been working on managing my time better so that the important things get done. Here it is, mid- July already and hot!

Tonight Bob and I begin our first camp meeting where we're both singing AND preaching. Well, he's preaching! I have been worried about this week for a while. You see, we'll be on the district I grew up in. So, I know these people! I worried and fretted for weeks and FINALLY last week I got a breakthrough. I really had no logical reason to be worried. Sure, we always like to be prepared and ready, but I was over doing it. Satan was using anyway he could to distract me from what really matters.

There are always things that get us distracted and off course. I can get off course with the best of 'em! I refuse to let the enemy defeat or discourage me. I am on assignment from Jesus and I will complete what He's asked me to do.

This morning when I woke up in my hotel room, I was instantly reminded of how faithful Jesus really is. It was my dream to sing and to minister with my husband and here we are on my home district, about to start camp meeting. How cool is that? Nothing is too big for God. His ways are not our ways and I will do what He's assigned me to do!

"...but I gave them this command: Obey me, and I will be your God and you will be my people. Walk in obedience to all I command you, that it may go well with you" Jeremiah 7:23

No comments:

Post a Comment